V10, baby!

IGottaSy

Cool Sunday afternoon it was. I was going to my weekly game of soccer which I've been playing for 20-sumthing-yrs. As I was getting ready to turn into the main street by my dwelling, I noticed a black truck coming down the road pretty fast. I thunk it was a lightning because of the hood and the distance which was dual ram air and 1/8 mile respectively. Road was clear so I went into the "unoccupied" lane, mind you letting my dark-complected hooptie stretch her old tired legs a bit as to try and keep the big bad truck from passing me as if i was parked on the side of the road- Like I do before each game. The big black truck kept coming fast and blew by me and my hooptie about 20 mph over the posted speed limit. Well, wouldn't you know it?! It turned onto the loop. Same way I was going. Whoo Hoo! I sped up as I was getting on the ramp and got closer and closer to it when I hear some roaring sound. I had to try to keep up. Ha! Turns out I was closing in too fast and we were already going a good 80mph when merging onto the loop. Road still clear, speed picking up but I had to let off at 90-ish cause big black truck couldn't shake my little old "S10" plus it was time for me to take the next exit to the soccer complex. Needles to say, I arrived to my game pumped up. It was a close match and tuff. Just like the race down the loop with that big black SRT10.
We ended up 4-4 score. I like to play against these young 18-21 yr-old-whipper-snappers and being able to keep up with them for two 45min halves. My little black hooptie must have felt the same way matched up to that big, bad V10 powered monster if were animate. The driver of the SRT10 just kept looking at his rear view mirror over and over. LOL. I wonder what he was thinking. Had to be around a 2005 model. I thought it was gonna be a "got kiiiilled"! Kinda outcome. Oh man! Can't wait to have the drivetrain redone.
I "member" I almost sprung for one of those. I'm glad I didn't. ;)

Ry368

one mile = 5280 feet
Re: V10, baby!

Those are cool trucks, but hella slow! My neighbor has a black one aswell....he was always tellin me that the previous owner ran 12's with it up here in Denver. Long story short....he took it to Bandimere speedway last spring a popped off a few low fifteens...:lol:

killa66cam

RIDIN DIRTY

Your neighbor could probably use a driver mod as well! I would imagine, if it is all stock, it would be in the 13-14 second range...from what I have seen. Also depends on what model truck it is...crew cab, reg cab, etc.

Cam

Last edited:

shelbyeuropa

I can tell you first hand an old syty is much faster to 100 then a big heavy srt10, past 100 I would not go for it. When the srt is rolling and is in the higher rpm's it moves.....
I know this as I'm fortunate to own both the typhoon, syclone and srt10. The srt is my daily driver but the Sy is much more fun to drive as not a lot of people know what it's capable of.

IGottaSy

Nice. One bit of advice; Paragraphs man. My eyeballs hurt.

:lol:
I'll try from now on. Everything happened as fast as I typed it. No time for pauses or do overs. I need to go back to skool.

It was a single cab with a cowboy for a driver. That's judging from the silhouette of the head with a hat thru that dark tint.

Agreed...at 100 mph, my truck hits a wall. I also noticed no torque converter lock up at WOT according to DM. I thought it was supposed to lock it. 009's were just over 90% duty cycle. I saw it hit 16.1 lbs of boost too.

Is this better? :)
Water temp gauge is waaay off as well. Time to plan for a new and accurate dashboard set up.

IGottaSy

I can tell you first hand an old syty is much faster to 100 then a big heavy srt10, past 100 I would not go for it. When the srt is rolling and is in the higher rpm's it moves.....
I know this as I'm fortunate to own both the typhoon, syclone and srt10. The srt is my daily driver but the Sy is much more fun to drive as not a lot of people know what it's capable of.

Nice! You just need to get the Lightning and start a thread about pros and cons on all 3 of 'em. :tup: