What did you do to your SyTy today? (part 2)

Don W.

Stab it and steer it
Re: What did you do to your SyTy today? (part 2)

Worked on the engine harness for DesertSy. It was really grimy and had a bunch of broken connectors. I started out by stripping the covering and tape, and washing it with simple green. When's the last time you had a harness in your kitchen sink?

IMG_1583.jpg


Now to repair the issues, and re-cover it.
IMG_1584.jpg

IMHO, since you're this far I would check each individual connector (meaning the actual wire end) at the ECM. If nothig else the hots and the grounds. If you decide you need some of those connectors PM me and I'll mail you some gratis.
 

randy merritt

Donating Member
Re: What did you do to your SyTy today? (part 2)

LED interior lights. damn mirror lights were a grand ole time. but MUCH brighter now. Any ideas where to get a clear dome light cover? that solid white cover kills the light output.

also got a turbo blanket, gonna attempt that tomorrow.

Put my turbo blanket on today. after a little modification so it would fit easily on the GT35r.
 

88GTZ

Donating Member
Re: What did you do to your SyTy today? (part 2)

Didn't do anything to mine, but pulled the 700r out of ry's truck for mine. hopefully next couple weeks I'll have mine back in action.
 

Static

Member
Re: What did you do to your SyTy today? (part 2)

Trying to figure out where my knock retard is coming from, found a broken spark plug boot heat shield and 2 very busted motor mounts. Solid motor mounts in my future.
 

5678TA

New member
Re: What did you do to your SyTy today? (part 2)

received my rear disc brakes and paid for an LS1 front brake setup.
 

5678TA

New member
Re: What did you do to your SyTy today? (part 2)

got my LS1 rotors and pads. and picked up a leak free lower CAC.

IMG_0101.jpg
 

Mprt Kla

Donating Member
Re: What did you do to your SyTy today? (part 2)

Nothing as drastic as the others....took ugly mirrors off and put ty mirrors on. took aftermarket fogs off & waiting to find a nice set of stockers to fill the holes.
 

GAShan

Donating Member
Re: What did you do to your SyTy today? (part 2)

Pulled a bunch of crossover S10/Blazer parts just to have at the local U-Pick with Dan. Mostly smalls but they had a lot of clean sheet metal there, plan to go back soon for fenders and tailgates, maybe a hood or two. Also picked up a set of 91-92 Formula hood vents for Dan.
 

teamvortec

New member
Re: What did you do to your SyTy today? (part 2)

In the past 2 days spark plugs, wires, dist cap, rotor button, ignition coil and pickup module. Ordered 255 walbro fuel pump and paid for overnight shipping only for it not to arrive today. Then I worked a deal to trade my ZR1 wheels for a chrome set of ZO6 wheels on Saturday. Then drove it to town and did a boost launch and smoked the clutches in the trans so I then called a buddy of mine so we could discuss rebuilding the trans and we then proceeded to order parts for the rebuild. Ended the day off draining the pan and admiring some beautilful burnt fluid. :) I guess you could say an average day around here.
 

T-Bone

Active member
Re: What did you do to your SyTy today? (part 2)

I excercised my Sy this evening :). Took my wife to Chili's for dinner and totally annihilated a souped up Honda Vtec who challenged me at a stoplight. I built boost to 10 pounds and disappeared when the light turned green. Backed off at 60 and when my wife's head was vertical again, I got reprimanded because I didn't warn her. When you hear a turbo spooling, what do you think is about to happen.

Ah, nevermind; I am preaching to the choir
 

sy605

Member
Re: What did you do to your SyTy today? (part 2)

Pulled all the brake lines getting ready to swap over to stainless. CTS-V brakes will soon be reality. :D
 

hatrik8

Donating Member
Re: What did you do to your SyTy today? (part 2)

Drove a buttload of miles and picked up a treadmill for my sister in law. Nice day for a ride
 

Static

Member
Re: What did you do to your SyTy today? (part 2)

In process of changing motor mounts. Started raining outside so had to take a break. I decided to not go solids and am instead doing the 2.8 mounts from JTR and I will keep my tiedown. The passenger side is done only took 6 hours, couldnt get clearance due to my downpipe hitting the body. Heres what the drivers side mount looks like.
2011-12-02%2016.14.33.jpg
 

green73

Donating Member
Re: What did you do to your SyTy today? (part 2)

Installed the Walbro 255, Racetronics Harness and Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator. Physical install of stuff went as smooth as I imagined (I hate dropping fuel tanks, but who does). Set fuel pressuer at 42 psi based on recommendation from Mike at RaceProvenMotorsports. Got a CEL right off the bat :rant: Got frustrated, and pulled the codes. It was a 33. Researched here what that is. Found out it is low vacuum at the MAP. Found that I had pulled out the vacuum line that goes to the fuel pressure regulator from the tee fitting behind the intake manifold. Plugged that back in, reset the ECM and all is good now. Since I had a few beers doing all this, no test drive yet. I went from 36 psi at idle and 43 psi at 2500 rpm unloaded to a solid 42 psi. Don't know if this will have any effect on things, but time will tell. Next on the list is replacing all the vac lines.
 
Top