Who is up for a little code59 discussion/demonstration?

The Bronze

New member
I am nearing paint on the sy, which means the engine mods happen next. I would really enjoy a healthy code59 discussion during Nats. Anyone willing to show a newbie through the ropes?
 

leroy

Donating Member
Re: Who is up for a little code59 discussion/demonstration?

I'm up for it. I might be a little rusty....I've been running the same tune for about 3 years or so.

Jim
 

Ry368

one mile = 5280 feet
Re: Who is up for a little code59 discussion/demonstration?

I am nearing paint on the sy, which means the engine mods happen next. I would really enjoy a healthy code59 discussion during Nats. Anyone willing to show a newbie through the ropes?
Pick Mikes(Tytilidie) brain about it......he has plenty of code 59 knowledge and likes helping people with it aswell.


Ry
 

Injected1

Member
Re: Who is up for a little code59 discussion/demonstration?

IMO I would do engine mods first before paint. Really easy to scratch your new paint while wrenching.
 

phoonTy

Truckless. For now.
Re: Who is up for a little code59 discussion/demonstration?

Dig will also be at Nats. I'm sure you can get him to talk about Code59 just a little. :lol:
 

Black Knight

I Glow Therefore I am
Re: Who is up for a little code59 discussion/demonstration?

I'll order all the stuff as well if someone is willing to help with learning to tune.
 

blacktyaffair

Donating Member
Re: Who is up for a little code59 discussion/demonstration?

A tune session maybe?! I could use all the help I can get.
 

turbodig

Active member
Re: Who is up for a little code59 discussion/demonstration?

I'm sure there will be lots of that sort of activity going on. Having lots of hills and barometric changes makes for a good tuning environment.

My own truck still needs a bunch of work done, so there will be some opportunities to see what goes on.

Hopefully we get enough guys for track day; having a day of open track time really helps the process out.

I highly suggest getting Tunerpro and DataMaster installed and link-able before you get there. Also, get your wide-band hooked up. From past experience, there's generally not enough time to work through long-winded cabling/hookup issues.
 

phoonTy

Truckless. For now.
Re: Who is up for a little code59 discussion/demonstration?

I've also tried to NOT fill the Nats schedule. I made an effort to leave big open blocks of time for people who want to do tuning, tech sessions, repairs, etc. That way, you won't feel like you're missing anything if you want to go cruise and tune. There will be time for it. :tup:
 

Treymen

Donating Member
Re: Who is up for a little code59 discussion/demonstration?

IMO I would do engine mods first before paint. Really easy to scratch your new paint while wrenching.

++++++++1 on this. ALWAYS do paint last. Unless you are going to remove the hood, fenders, grill and bumper to work on it!!!???
 

The Bronze

New member
++++++++1 on this. ALWAYS do paint last. Unless you are going to remove the hood, fenders, grill and bumper to work on it!!!???

That's the plan. I have two paint projects going on, plus a Nash Metropolitan going back together. I really don't have the room or the memory to remember where all this stuff is suppose to go, let alone add another project I won't pull an engine apart in the shop till the paintwork has been cleaned up.
 
Top