WTB syclone in the midwest, roller or working

IrocZ

New member
Hi guys,

I'm interested in either a roller project syclone, hopefully something in good condition if you've got anything.

or, interested in a mildly modded or completely stock syclone in the midwest. Higher-ish mileage doesn't bother me as cost is my main concern lol. doesn't have to be pristine, just let me know what you have!

currently in West Lafayette indiana, about 1 hour north of indianapolis.

thanks!
 

IrocZ

New member
Re: WTB syclone in the midwest, roller or working

also any projects would be considered, clones as well :)
 

Throws

Active member
Re: WTB syclone in the midwest, roller or working

Hi guys,

I'm interested in either a roller project syclone, hopefully something in good condition if you've got anything.

or, interested in a mildly modded or completely stock syclone in the midwest. Higher-ish mileage doesn't bother me as cost is my main concern lol. doesn't have to be pristine, just let me know what you have!

currently in West Lafayette indiana, about 1 hour north of indianapolis.

thanks!

What kinda budget you looking at?

-P
 

IrocZ

New member
Re: WTB syclone in the midwest, roller or working

What kinda budget you looking at?

-P

well, lately I've been hunting for any S10 or sonoma from the time equipped with 4x4 so I can source parts and build my own syclone-clone lol. its just very hard to find something without rust worth the project, but it seems i might be able to get a decent project possibly running for less than $2500 if thats the route i go..thats just a running s10 or sonoma like I said, tons more for parts later on.

Now I was thinking for an ACTUAL syclone roller, maybe something under $5500? My budget isn't really set in stone, just trying to see what's out there in the midwest...i haven't been around lately enough to see if the market is thinning out for sytys. I don't have any problems taking on a project and replicating/cloning a syty, would be really cool if I had a real one to take care of tho :)

was hunting around for potential candidates and came up with these, of course I'd have to delift and/or heavily restore it back to stock to start the swap:
http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/2775667831.html
http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/cto/2717897159.html

thanks!
 

Throws

Active member
Re: WTB syclone in the midwest, roller or working

Which do you like more.. A Ty or a Sy? If you're after a Sy (with over 100k miles, some work needed) I'd say you could be able to find one for about 10K. If you want a Ty (100k miles, work needed), you might be looking at around 5k.

IMHO: The clone route is possibly the most expensive. The prices for Ty's make it difficult to justify the expense/labor/time.

-P
 

IrocZ

New member
Re: WTB syclone in the midwest, roller or working

Which do you like more.. A Ty or a Sy? If you're after a Sy (with over 100k miles, some work needed) I'd say you could be able to find one for about 10K. If you want a Ty (100k miles, work needed), you might be looking at around 5k.

IMHO: The clone route is possibly the most expensive. The prices for Ty's make it difficult to justify the expense/labor/time.

-P

hmmm I see....yea i figured to do a real proper clone you'd need to spend tons of money especially for the cladding and such....but what if i got an S10 or 4x4 sonoma and left most of the body, just swapped a 4.3 turbo, wiring and ECM, trans, tcase, and drivetrain components....could be fun since it'll be a sleeper. I'd probably skip all the exterior expensive parts and dash...but at that point its a syclone hiding in a boxy s10's body lol..which i guess is what they are in essence right :p
 

ketchme

ketchme
Re: WTB syclone in the midwest, roller or working

i am also looking for another project similar to what you are looking for. im also about 1.5 hour north of you. ill keep my eye open for you up here....
 
Top