Syclone 934 Restoration

randy merritt

Donating Member
Re: Syclone 934 Restoration

I'm just thinking, and I am sure you will come up with a great solution, but this for sale thread shows an external waste gate installed with full A/C and what looks like inner fenders, but I am not sure about the inner fenders. This motor that is for sale has headers, but I thought the location of the waste gate was interesting. You have to watch the video to see the installed motor.

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101250

djsy934

I'm just thinking, and I am sure you will come up with a great solution, but this for sale thread shows an external waste gate installed with full A/C and what looks like inner fenders, but I am not sure about the inner fenders. This motor that is for sale has headers, but I thought the location of the waste gate was interesting. You have to watch the video to see the installed motor.

http://www.syty.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101250

That motor is sitting right next to mine on a stand, Len (STOUT74) is my best friend and that is the motor we pulled. It did not have an inner fender. The exhaust housing had an internal waste gate and they disabled it and plumbed off of that. My housing is not setup for an internal gate. If you want more detailed pics of how they did it I can get them for you.:tup:

randy merritt

Donating Member

I thought the motor looked the same, but I did not want to be wrong and make a fool out of myself. Any pics would be very nice. I am trying to find a way to run an external gate with full A/C and inner fenders. My down pipe is not stock, it is a 3" ATR. The internal waste gate would be easy to disable/remove. Thanks.

Edit: Maybe you could talk Len into selling me just the waste gate setup and the upper part of the ATR down pipe. Just thinking. :lol:

Edit again: Maybe a package deal with the headers also? You/he could sell the long block minus exhaust for less money and still come out ahead?

Last edited:

djsy934

Got the motor in and made a crossmember for the 80E.

Chromoly crossmember

Painted the pan wrinkle black and machined to match the valve covers.

Motor, Trans and T-case in.

Last edited:

cheatham2492

I am very impressed. The valve covers and other machine work is exceptional.Id like to know how that wrinkle paint holds out.Your truck is going to haul ass,your gonna have to get your fueling in order!
Cheatie

jaystcb

Sy 0902, 92Ty 0909

I don't know how I missed this one. Very good work. Looks Awesome.

Vaders Sy

Donating Member

Looks awesome. Really like the valve covers, upper intake, and the trans pan.

SVO

GMC Racing

How is 934 restoration going ?
Can't wait to see how your Sy is coming along.......

djsy934

Holy Cow! It's been 2 years since I've worked on this! I've been waiting to get a torque converter for it so I can button up the drive train to start putting the body back on.

I have finally bit the bullet and got a Circle D Multi disc.

Hopefully this fires me up to get back to work on it :tup:

JoeSupra

This thread is awesome. That motor is a master piece. All those little details you did with your own welding and machine reallt stands out. Great job man. Subscribed for sure.

IGottaSy

Will the odometer be rolled back or keeping it as is?
That thing is far better than when it was new! :cool:

djsy934

Thanks Gotta Sy!
I really have been lacking keeping this updated.
Here are some pics of the paint and interior

Attachments

• Stripped cab.jpg
    Stripped cab.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 7-1-2020 006.jpg
    7-1-2020 006.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 38
  • 7-1-2020 016.jpg
    7-1-2020 016.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 7-1-2020 017.jpg