Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & IA

CAMSTY

SyTy Obsessed
Well, I'm thinking about making the trip to the Nats this year, I'm sick of wanting to go every year and not making it happen! anyone interested? I'm not crazy about driving 28hrs by myself.

This would be the route......
nats%20trip.gif
 
Last edited:

turbodig

Active member
Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & NE

Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & NE

CAMSTY said:
Well, I'm thinking about making the trip to the Nats this year, I'm sick of wanting to go every year and not making it happen! anyone interested? I'm not crazy about driving 28hrs by myself.

This would be the route......
nats%20trip.gif

When ya coming through? We're right on your way...
Have support vehicle (Diesel Suburban)

Working plan for me is to head out Thursday night.

Rik mentioned maybe coming from SD... I'll see if he's still planning on it.

Later,
 

CAMSTY

SyTy Obsessed
Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & NE

Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & NE

I would leave Wednesday around 6am, which would put me in Winnipeg around 9pm that night, catch some sleep then head out Thursday morning around 6am, and get to the Nats around 7pm Thursday.

I would definately like to meet up with you though.
 

natsforever

New member
Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & NE

Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & NE

NE, NE come on. Give Iowa some respect. Just kidding, if your taking I-29, you are never in Nebraska. Although you get real close(close enough to see it). You will be in Iowa for several hours. This warning gives you enough time to pick another route(just kidding again). I'd ride with you but I'm thinking of leaving on Wednesday. You may want to leave a day earlier too. If you have the vacation time. Get a good night's sleep so your ready for Thursday night. Otherwise, your beat when you get there.
 

CAMSTY

SyTy Obsessed
Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & NE

Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & NE

natsforever said:
NE, NE come on. Give Iowa some respect. Just kidding, if your taking I-29, you are never in Nebraska. Although you get real close(close enough to see it). You will be in Iowa for several hours. This warning gives you enough time to pick another route(just kidding again). I'd ride with you but I'm thinking of leaving on Wednesday. You may want to leave a day earlier too. If you have the vacation time. Get a good night's sleep so your ready for Thursday night. Otherwise, your beat when you get there.
Interesting, looking on mapquest I just assumed it went through Nebraska..........

Yeah, getting some rest before Thursday night would be ideal, but it's not gonna happen, at this point I'm just trying to convince myself to make the trip ;)
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & NE

Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & NE

Man you are crazy Cam.

But hey,you show up,all the beer you can drink is on me.
 

CAMSTY

SyTy Obsessed
Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & NE

Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & NE

Jimmy said:
Man you are crazy Cam.

But hey,you show up,all the beer you can drink is on me.

I know I'm a little crazy for wanting to drive, but If I was ever going to put that kind of mileage on the Ty this is the perfect reason to do it!
Part of me still thinks I should fly :dunno:

Thanks for the offer :lol: I may hold you too it!
 

typhoonzz

Got Boost?
Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & NE

Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & NE

CAMSTY said:
I know I'm a little crazy for wanting to drive, but If I was ever going to put that kind of mileage on the Ty this is the perfect reason to do it!
Part of me still thinks I should fly :dunno:

Thanks for the offer :lol: I may hold you too it!
I sure hope that you do make it...just grab some of the other canadians and have them all show up...it has been a long time! See ya at nats
 

turbodig

Active member
Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & NE

Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & NE

CAMSTY said:
I would leave Wednesday around 6am, which would put me in Winnipeg around 9pm that night, catch some sleep then head out Thursday morning around 6am, and get to the Nats around 7pm Thursday.

I would definately like to meet up with you though.


I'm gonna try to hit the road by noon Thursday, from the looks of things.
That'll be a bit late for you, you should get to Fargo about 9:30 if you leave at 6, unless the Border Patrol decides to shake you down. You could hit a Pancake House up there, kill some time. :)

Later,

Dig
 

natsforever

New member
Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & IA

How many times have you seen a Sy/Ty running 8's at the track? Most people from around here wouldn't go to Sweden to see one truck run at the track, even if it's as cool as Robert's. Go to Nats and see his truck and a lot more...

Also, thanks for changing the subject line from NE to IA. As Rodney Dangerfield(sp) said 'We get no respect'
 

CAMSTY

SyTy Obsessed
Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & NE

Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & NE

It really sucks to be the only Canadian posting it this thread :rant: Where are the rest of you hiding :( There hasn't even been any "I'd love to be here's my lame excuse" :tdown:

:lol:
 

CAMSTY

SyTy Obsessed
Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & IA

turbodig said:
I'm gonna try to hit the road by noon Thursday, from the looks of things.
That'll be a bit late for you, you should get to Fargo about 9:30 if you leave at 6, unless the Border Patrol decides to shake you down. You could hit a Pancake House up there, kill some time. :)

Later,

Dig
Once I figure out if I'm 100% coming we'll try to figure it out.
 

natsforever

New member
Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & IA

This is in the nationals forum. Maybe you'd get more response in the Canadian forum. But your right, I thought there would be a little more Canadian input.
 

CAMSTY

SyTy Obsessed
Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & IA

natsforever said:
Cam, any other Canadians up for a road trip?
So far , No :(

I'm still debating whether I want to do the trip alone.
 

natsforever

New member
Re: Canadian Caravan?? Via Edm, Winnipeg, ND, SD & IA

Come on Cam, there is still time. You won't be alone once you get to KC!
 
Top