FAST Miami Meet - 2010

Ian Turgeon

Cascading Inspiration
Re: FAST Miami Meet - 2010

That'd be my mitt and absorber. I just bought it for the Elise, so enjoy. :(

As much fun as I had in the Elise, i did miss having the Sy with me.... a little.

I crashed for 10 hours when I got home, super sleepy. Driving the Elise long distances takes a little more effort then the sy does.

I enjoyed seeing Dennis and Adam finally starting to enjoy their trucks with a little tuning help. Great food & people. I always enjoy hanging out with everyone.

Can't give Gary enough credit for organizing things, his connections always seem to pay off for the group. I don't think I could have continued to have a good time if I was in his place Friday night.


I hope everyone that wanted to check out the Elise had a chance, I know Dennis had a good time on our late night cruise.

So, whats next? Memorial
 

MRS HARMON

New member
Re: FAST Miami Meet - 2010

Notes for this past weekend:

*You don't fit through there really means you DONT fit through there:rotf:
*Gary you truly are awesome!
*Cracker Barrel apparently makes really strong lemonade
*There is no such thing as a Dunkin Donuts too far away
*Always have extra wire ties and clamps:tup:
*Jesse+Michael=Something getting broken, cut, lost or bruised
*Harmon doesn't fit in a Lotus:tup:


Thank you to Gary, Scott, Jeff and Dan for everything you did to make this weekend happen. The fan worked great, Harmon was full, kids were happy and the Sy is running better than ever! Doesn't get any better than that!
 

SYO237

SyTy Registry
Re: FAST Miami Meet - 2010

Few more highlites:

I get props for having a nice Syclone when parked next to the Lotus....only because they couldnt see the Lotus behind the Syclone :p

The tighter you park trucks together at a car show, the more people will harder try to squeeze between them...and of course, people never to seem to have respect for others vehicles. Quit leaning on my shit...Im not, so you shouldnt either.

62 Impala bubble tops painted copper and nickle are sweeeeeet.
http://www.superchevy.com/features/pre1977full/0405sc_1962_chevy_impala/index.html

Dave Harris will forever be known as the Viper Slayer. If that didnt boost his ego more than it already is, nothing will. BTW, front bumper Viper badges are heavy as sin. No wonder the wall moved so far.

Dont drive behind King. His truck likes to toss shit out from under the hood.

A 12.47@45mph for the 1/8th in a Ty sucks.

Blown Ford Crown Vic with the blower sitting 6" out of the hood. Yeah, believe that.

Seeing Ian and Harmon sardined into the Lotus was classic. Seeing Ian jump on it and being chased down by a cop and not being pulled over...even more classic.

I thought for sure Jesse would have opened every single one of Gary's hotwheels/matchbox if left unattended in Gary's collection room.



Again, thanks to Gary for hosting. Jeff is one hell of a cook as well....I was on those ribs a good 30-45min before everyone else "testing" it out. ;) Good to see new faces and the regulars as always. A personal thanks to Scott UR50SLO for taking some time to jump in my Sy and give it some tuning love...thanks to Harmon's for letting me borrow him too on their time.
 

mmvic

New member
Re: FAST Miami Meet - 2010

Friday was fun guys, I'm sorry I missed out on saturday. Looking foward to meeting up again
 

MRKING

New Parts for Old Trucks
Re: FAST Miami Meet - 2010

Thanks again for the great times . Lil mike had a blast as well .:tup:

It was nice to see most of the FAST group there and meeting new people is always good . :D . This was my first meet with the sy and the driving , cruising , and finally hauling ass in my own was a blast .
I will be certain to get my paint issues up to order so i can be allowed in the car show next year .:lol: Thanks to those that helped take my window tint off , i love the clear look now and plan to keep it that way .:tup: I look forward to seeing all you again soon !!!
 

SloGN

9Sec Alky V6
Re: FAST Miami Meet - 2010

I'm happy to see that everyone made it home safely!


I'm sure i'll drive down again for the next meet if i'm welcomed. It was great to put a face with a screenname/name.


Again guys i can;t say thank you enough for allowing me to take part in the fun!


Gary you forgot to mention the little one going swimming on sat morning in the cold @ss pool. Brave so brave lol.

I'm surprised my mug is not plastered on .net as i remember a few pics being taken as i was camped out under the tonneau cover.

I'll go ahead and do it
spaceball.gif
 
Last edited:

SYO237

SyTy Registry
Re: FAST Miami Meet - 2010

I already said the known damage.

SYO237 said:
Initial damage to Garys truck looks to be fender, cladding, bumper, grille and rim. We get the truck back over to the pit and start looking deeper. Bent the lower control arm as well, core support is bent. Dig deeper... we see a bend in the propshaft and its touching the trans housing and diff. Look further... frame is kinked behind the wheel.
 

UR50SLO

V6+2=LSXCamaro
Re: FAST Miami Meet - 2010

Thank you Gary for having myself and everyone else to your house.. Had a very good time and enjoyed talking to ya'll. ;)
Thanks again to the Harmons for having me down.. would not have been possible with out them!

Things I learned from the trip to Florida:

1) Your going to be chased by cops or watch cops chase and have camaro's flip.. crazy bandana wearing guy run from flipped car and get chased by 300lb cop.. try to jump in the back of your truck and get tackeled by Florida residents.

2) Some BIN files are corrupted but the truck still runs.:rant:

3)Gary can fit 5 cars in a 3 car garage,Make normal children into frozen fish sticks in his pool,Have 10-15people over and have a great time,Has more matchbox cars than all the kids in my city,Knows more that 100VIN numbers by memory.:tup:

4) Tight shirt guys with eyes pointing 10&2 think burned,hole in fender,rust on body Typhoons are gold and stolen GN engines are worth 2500.00.

5) Dave P is one of the coolest guy's I know.

6) Some how SloGN is my brother from another Mother. We have the same laptop,thoughts and ideas about darn near everything.

7) The Harmons can tolorate me for almost a week with out tieing me to a bumper and dragging me behind their truck. (Thanks for everything) :tup:
*Mandi only seems to take pictures of people's Butts.*

8) Viper Owners Don't know $hit about drag racing! :rotf:

9) Imperial Storm Trooper can and will pull a James Bond on you for making fun of his truck! Harmon and I almost peed our selves laughing at a light when he smoked us sitting still :lol: (Don't worry buddy.. it'll run good with the new engine!)

10) A bed has more than one meaning!
SloGNsleeping.JPG


And Later......
SloGNsleeping2.JPG
 
Last edited:

GAShan

Donating Member
Re: FAST Miami Meet - 2010

Good news

Track worker William is ok, they released him late Friday night, he has a minor bump on his head, a few minor cuts and scratches and lost one fingernail.

Body man does NOT think I have any frame damage but we will put it on a jig and measure once it's torn apart to make sure.
 

MRS HARMON

New member
Re: FAST Miami Meet - 2010

Good news

Track worker William is ok, they released him late Friday night, he has a minor bump on his head, a few minor cuts and scratches and lost one fingernail.

Body man does NOT think I have any frame damage but we will put it on a jig and measure once it's torn apart to make sure.

Great news for the track guy, he sure did take flight:tup:

We will all keep our fingers crossed on the sy:D
 

SYO237

SyTy Registry
Re: FAST Miami Meet - 2010

Great news on the track guy, and great news on the frame.....hopefully. Odd that the coating would pop off and crumble in that spot otherwise. Possible the wall hitting the rim moved it enough to touch the frame.....but then it woulda ripped the wheel out of your hands?
 

RAACCR

Member
Re: FAST Miami Meet - 2010

Gary,
I heard the news yesterday from Adam; so sorry about your misfortune. I've got a garage full of mechanical parts off my Sy # 2648; if there is anything I've got that you need, you are welcome to it.

Regards,
Rob
 

SloGN

9Sec Alky V6
Re: FAST Miami Meet - 2010

wow i'm a sleeping star on .net now :rotf:


Scott it was kewl hanging out and chatting with ya this weekend!


I remember the smoke out as i was in front of him when that took place. I thought he was revving up at me! SMOKEY..........................................................................:tup:


But remember you gotta start somewhere!
 
Top