Having a good time at nats

Double-A

Quitter
Re: Having a good time at nats

typhoonzz said:
The first one was in kc, at a different hotel though...the first two by far had the largest turn out...
There are a few of us on here that have made it to all of them in some way shape or form :)

Yeah, I think we counted last year that 8 guys have made it to every Nats, but it could be more. I'll try to get an "official count" this year.

As Gabe said, the first was at a different hotel, and we switched locations a few times in an (unsuccessful) effort to get more trucks than the first 2 events. However, every year is different, and that's what makes the event so great - folks that couldn't make it in the past find a way to make it even if a few old-school guys miss it, and there's always at least a half-dozen moments each year that just get burned into everyone's memory. As I've posted in other threads, Dad and I are missing a family reunion for the Nats - because the Nats IS a family reunion. Despite what a few nay-sayers might think, we ARE a family.

I'm personally looking forward to seeing old friends, meeting new ones, and seeing what memories we'll all take away from this year's event.
 

ZMann

vertically challenged
Re: Having a good time at nats

Right on Aaron... From Jason's post I can add a few...

Must of been a few years ago when I passed out in their room, only to wake up and see Will Stevenson sleeping w/ a shoe as his pillow..and bdubb's ass in his face.

Waking Dabney up at 4 am to recover Will from the strip club in his Audi. Dabney tested that car to the limits... 65 mph exiting off of 435 onto 69 south was NOT a problem.

He might be missing his first National this year. We'll have to pour out a lil' liqour.
 

phoonerorlater

Active member
Re: Having a good time at nats

After pestering by friends and some secret info I decided to make my first trip to the nats. I'm excited to come down and meet new ppl and hang out with friends I see and friends I don't see too often. I sold my ty a few years ago and drive a scion xb now so I want to go fast with someone. I don't care what it's in or where its at. Just fast. a 10 or 11 second truck would be a cool ride. Since I'm flying down and riding back with Renz I'll be able to knock 2 or 3 states off my checklist bringing me down to around 5 states unvisited.
 

Double-A

Quitter
Re: Having a good time at nats

PA representin'. Alright alright alright...

We might end up winning the attendance crown yet! :thumbsup:
 

MikeRenz

not stock
Re: Having a good time at nats

i look forward to beating people at racquetball.

I can pretty much promise i'll make an ass out of myself at some point(s) in time - most usually some camera ready action :tup:

This will only be my third NATS. I think i hold the record for most consecutive SyTy meets SANS truck. I've owned at least 1 truck since 2001, and have still never attended a meet w/ a truck :rotf:
 

dangerous

Nightrider 3000
Re: Having a good time at nats

Loeryder said:
Well I can tell you after being at 7 consecutive Nats with my truck(s) (only missed the first one by a couple days) that I have never met a better group of car guys and never been disappointed by the weekends activities.

Some years it rained and we sat in the hotel lobby drinking and telling stories.
Some years people broke stuff and we spent the wee hours of the morning banging wrenches.
Every year there is a different group of folks from all over the country some with and some without their trucks, but we are all gathered in the same place for one reason: SyTy.
Thats our religion and the Nats is our church.
SyTy is my therapy and you guys are my support group.

I can't tell you what to expect but I can warn you that you wont easily forget it.
from BushSchwimmer to Jesus, being trapped in an elevator with 12 other drunks to hearing about Adams truck that FELL OFF the trailer goin down the highway and he still raced it.

It is all about the SyTy's, start worrying about what you are gonna get out of it and you probably shouldn't go.

Many times over the weekend I will find myself just standing there staring down the parking lot of 30-40-50 trucks wondering if the guys at PAS felt this same way marveling over their creations.

I don't do many car shows or even race at my local track much anymore, but every year I pour my heart, blood, sweat and tears into my truck to make sure it goes to the Nats to visit it's brethren.

Hope to see all of you there, drive safe and watch each others back.

Amen Jason!
 

TYRODD

My ass. Look at it.
Re: Having a good time at nats

This is the last time on here before I leave tomorrow...

Everyone have a safe trip and I will see you in a few! :D
 

JKsSyclone

Active member
Re: Having a good time at nats

This year will make only the second time I miss the Nats. :(
I expect daily posts of everything I miss!
 

leroy

Donating Member
Re: Having a good time at nats

Double-A said:
Yeah, I think we counted last year that 8 guys have made it to every Nats, but it could be more. I'll try to get an "official count" this year.

As Gabe said, the first was at a different hotel, and we switched locations a few times in an (unsuccessful) effort to get more trucks than the first 2 events. However, every year is different, and that's what makes the event so great - folks that couldn't make it in the past find a way to make it even if a few old-school guys miss it, and there's always at least a half-dozen moments each year that just get burned into everyone's memory. As I've posted in other threads, Dad and I are missing a family reunion for the Nats - because the Nats IS a family reunion. Despite what a few nay-sayers might think, we ARE a family.

I'm personally looking forward to seeing old friends, meeting new ones, and seeing what memories we'll all take away from this year's event.

Did you count me?

Jim
 
Top