Having a good time at nats

qbnkiller

Conflaguration Specialist
I am starting this thread to (hopefully) get others thinking about the upcoming Nats event.

We all get together once a year as a whole group to exchange ideas, comraderie, sell parts, make new friends. I have missed out on the last 3 Nats events since I've owned my truck. For one reason or another, it hasn't worked out. This is my first year at nats....and I am stoked! I am going to meet a bunch of people I only know through screen names. I'm sure we'll all drink too much...do stupid shit (without incriminating evidence I hope), and in the end, make lasting friendships. I hope this is the case this year. I went to the S-series Nationals last year, and I was sorely disappointed. The vast majority of people there were still stuck with 9th grade mentality. Now, I am hoping that the two things we have working for us (rare and fairly expensive trucks) keeps those people out. I've mentioned it before.....we are too small of a community...let's not alienate anyone anymore...there has been plenty of that in the past and we have lost some very talented members because of it.

So let's start this thread and add to it the fun, positive things we may want to get out of it (besides some incurable veneral disease like gonosyphilchlamydiatitis).
 

ZMann

vertically challenged
Re: Having a good time at nats

As long as Renz stays away from his pet bird, bird flu shouldn't be an issue. :)
 

Jimmy

Banned
Re: Having a good time at nats

EVERYONE at the Nats is cool.
Except Renz. But he is fun.
 

BigBadSmoosh

Picking fights on I-65 since 2013
Re: Having a good time at nats

I'll be there, that means i'm cool.

Sweet.

btw, northeast > *.location

neener neener neener
 

sy2675

He Saved the Pimp'n Game!
Re: Having a good time at nats

fUN AND POSITIVE, HMMMM.....NATS THINGS I WANT OUT OF IT

1. Meet Dig, gotta meet my tuner
2. meet the rest of you
3. watch those 8 sec trucks go head to head,
4. make some friends with similar interests (SYTY's what else is of interest)
5. Sell this extra front bumper cover and Downpipe that are sitting in my garage
6. Get some ideas for my truck since its not painted yet, and its interior is gutted.
7. I wanna def ride in at least 1 10 sec truck (someone please help me on this one)
8. smoke sumpthin...drink sumpthin, wait thats an old Spice1 song, song or not! :tup:
9. Get the hell out of Indiana for something other than trans work on my SY :rant:
10. So some pimp'n in KC, cause the pimp hand is strong from state to state!

:2cents:
 

Nova67ss

New member
Re: Having a good time at nats

sy2675 said:
fUN AND POSITIVE, HMMMM.....NATS THINGS I WANT OUT OF IT


2. meet the rest of you
3. watch those 8 sec trucks go head to head,
4. make some friends with similar interests (SYTY's what else is of interest)


7. I wanna def ride in at least 1 10 sec truck (someone please help me on this one)
8. drink sumpthin, :tup:

10. That pimpin thing is ?? dont understand..

:2cents:

2X
 

BrownDawg71

Ya, I Know.
Re: Having a good time at nats

sy2675 said:
fUN AND POSITIVE, HMMMM.....NATS THINGS I WANT OUT OF IT

1. Meet Dig, gotta meet my tuner
2. meet the rest of you
3. watch those 8 sec trucks go head to head,
4. make some friends with similar interests (SYTY's what else is of interest)
5. Sell this extra front bumper cover and Downpipe that are sitting in my garage
6. Get some ideas for my truck since its not painted yet, and its interior is gutted.
7. I wanna def ride in at least 1 10 sec truck (someone please help me on this one)
8. smoke sumpthin...drink sumpthin, wait thats an old Spice1 song, song or not! :tup:
9. Get the hell out of Indiana for something other than trans work on my SY :rant:
10. So some pimp'n in KC, cause the pimp hand is strong from state to state!

:2cents:
I dont see going to the titty bar on your list........
 

Loeryder

New member
Re: Having a good time at nats

Well I can tell you after being at 7 consecutive Nats with my truck(s) (only missed the first one by a couple days) that I have never met a better group of car guys and never been disappointed by the weekends activities.

Some years it rained and we sat in the hotel lobby drinking and telling stories.
Some years people broke stuff and we spent the wee hours of the morning banging wrenches.
Every year there is a different group of folks from all over the country some with and some without their trucks, but we are all gathered in the same place for one reason: SyTy.
Thats our religion and the Nats is our church.
SyTy is my therapy and you guys are my support group.

I can't tell you what to expect but I can warn you that you wont easily forget it.
from BushSchwimmer to Jesus, being trapped in an elevator with 12 other drunks to hearing about Adams truck that FELL OFF the trailer goin down the highway and he still raced it.

It is all about the SyTy's, start worrying about what you are gonna get out of it and you probably shouldn't go.

Many times over the weekend I will find myself just standing there staring down the parking lot of 30-40-50 trucks wondering if the guys at PAS felt this same way marveling over their creations.

I don't do many car shows or even race at my local track much anymore, but every year I pour my heart, blood, sweat and tears into my truck to make sure it goes to the Nats to visit it's brethren.

Hope to see all of you there, drive safe and watch each others back.
 

Black Knight

I Glow Therefore I am
Re: Having a good time at nats

So i'm gathering the first Nats was in '98, anyone on here now go to it??
Was it a big event?? Was it in KC??
 

sy2675

He Saved the Pimp'n Game!
Re: Having a good time at nats

BrownDawg71 said:
I dont see going to the titty bar on your list........


I thought tittie bars went without saying! but if not then

11. different tittie bars! :tup:
 

turbodig

Active member
Re: Having a good time at nats

Loeryder said:
I can't tell you what to expect but I can warn you that you wont easily forget it.
from BushSchwimmer to Jesus, being trapped in an elevator with 12 other drunks to hearing about Adams truck that FELL OFF the trailer goin down the highway and he still raced it.

.

You forgot Plastic-Rock-Scooter-Jumping-Through-Fire, and Garbage-Can-Boy.

Where else can you see that? At any price?

Not to mention the 2 AM bench racing sessions in the Hotel. A lot of really good ideas were hatched over a case of Canadian beer.

My only hope is that someday we can find some kind soul with a parking lot in KC that will let us Auto-X...


Later,
 

qbnkiller

Conflaguration Specialist
Re: Having a good time at nats

see...this is starting to sound like a much more positive experience!

we need to be doing a bunch of this:

:friends: :cheers: :drinking: :thumbsup: :woot: :rotf:

we dont need any of this:

:rant: :tdown: :fist: :banghead: :barf:

or any of this:

:2gun: :fuzz: :slap: :ignore: :bored: :chair:
 

myclone

Donating Member
Re: Having a good time at nats

I miss the nats......

I miss the tow vehicle breaking down while pulling into PTEs parking lot on the way to chitown.
Trying to squirt 90w gear oil into the tow vehicles trans through opening for the drive shaft when the drain/fill plug wouldnt come out....in advanced auto parts parking lot.
Locking my keys in the syclone at chitown at 6am (you guys slept through that didnt ya ;) ).
Starter dying in the staging lanes at GLD and Mrs myclone having to round up volunteers to help push the truck up on the trailer.
BG wrecking the bicycle in the motel parking lot, getting road rash, and being too drunk to notice he was bleeding.....or even care.
Seeing Dave G and Stacey(sp?) again (GREAT ppl and they are missed around here).
Ditto on Mike C.
Seeing Erue pass out in the floor of my room.
Seeing Erue the next day with a hang over.
Meeting those ornery Canadians (nice fellows eh...).

Maybe some day scheduling will allow another trip some day.
 

TYRODD

My ass. Look at it.
Re: Having a good time at nats

I can hardly sleep lately, Im too ****ing excited for next weekend! :tup: Even the 20+ hour drive one way sounds like fun ;) .

I had an absolute blast last year; I finally got to meet all of these people and their names, instead of their screen names :) . See the trucks that they had been working on and bleeding/cursing/praising. Getting to hang out with a bunch of folks who are just as crazy as I am for owning one of these pieces of shit ;) . Have some decent tech conversations with some SyTy gurus. Make a drunken ass of myself with others. Eat some BBQ (while watching Mike Tyson get raped in the ring...remember that? ;) ). Watch some trucks trucks do what they were made to do at a track.

Everyone I met there was awesome, absolutely no complaints here :)

This was all made possible because of a few people who took time out of their lives to make sure the schedule of events, reservations, etc. all worked out so that we'de all have a good time...Thanks again to those "few" who made it possible last year (and before), and a big THANKS in advance for this year. You = :rock:

If you are there to have a good time, and not take everything too seriously...you will have an exellent time :thumbsup: :rock:

IMO, the worst part about nats was leaving. (and that 22hr drive home sucked too last year ;) but Im doing it all again :) )

See you all soon!

BTW Alex...Its "HerpagohnosyphillAIDS" ;)

-RJ
 
Last edited:

natsforever

New member
Re: Having a good time at nats

I remember watching something about Tyson on the TV at Gate's BBQ. Didn't remember until your post. Thanks for the reminder. Good times.
 

qbnkiller

Conflaguration Specialist
Re: Having a good time at nats

TYRODD said:
BTW Alex...Its "HerpagohnosyphillAIDS" ;)

-RJ


yeah, well, stay the hell away from me with THAT thing! F*ckers! I dont need another (dick)headache!
 

UR50SLO

V6+2=LSXCamaro
We are ready!!!!!

We are ready!!!!!

We are ready!!!! Truck is borrowed and I'm servicing the trailer this week!

Going to watch my wife make her first 12second pass!

Meeting everyone is going to be great... I think I'll get T-shirts made with my screen name on them to make it easier :)
UR50SLO, UR50SLO's wife, UR50SLO's Kids :rotf:

I'll bring Duct Tape if the NHRA tech's get on our nerves.. We'll tape them up and throw them in the bed of Roberts truck and run it down the track till they subject to submission.

Let's have a good time and forget the B.S. :tup:
~Scott
 

SEL777

One of 101
Re: Having a good time at nats

Loeryder said:
Every year there is a different group of folks from all over the country some with and some without their trucks, but we are all gathered in the same place for one reason: SyTy.
Thats our religion and the Nats is our church.
SyTy is my therapy and you guys are my support group.

Many times over the weekend I will find myself just standing there staring down the parking lot of 30-40-50 trucks wondering if the guys at PAS felt this same way marveling over their creations. ( I can't wait for this expierence )

Every year I pour my heart, blood, sweat and tears into my truck to make sure it goes to the Nats to visit it's brethren. ( My first )

Hope to see all of you there, drive safe and watch each others back.

Amen Brother!!
 

typhoonzz

Got Boost?
Re: Having a good time at nats

Black Knight said:
So i'm gathering the first Nats was in '98, anyone on here now go to it??
Was it a big event?? Was it in KC??
The first one was in kc, at a different hotel though...the first two by far had the largest turn out...
There are a few of us on here that have made it to all of them in some way shape or form :)
 
Top