LS Swap Syclone Single Turbo Build

SYCLONE-2234

Re: LS Swap Syclone Single Turbo Build

Looks like it might be time to hit the track and see what breaks or maybe some good kill videos. Either way great job! Boost on brother...!!

NOJIMMY

In my sig
Dart LS 427, Whipple, ALKY

Will shoot for 2000hp over the winter.

....Any thoughts on a cage/protection (for either of these two 1000+hp syclones)?
Seems every week there are crashes on the internet (like below):

http://www.lsxmag.com/news/video-19...er-leads-to-bruises-and-bumps-lessons-learned

I realize some tracks and/or airports allow minimal safety equipment
but with 25 year old frames (and the massive torque made) maybe fire prevention,
safety restraints, and extra bracing is warranted. Short wheel based AWD traction
makes for "interesting" handling characteristics with our shoeboxes at high speeds.

-Larry Brown

While making a pull in Mexico this weekend my friend behind me mentioned that the bed and cab are definately moving. Will work on bracing.

skolman91

From another forum I found the sonax unit. Called the tech line to get info on it but I think the tech guy didn't understand what I was trying to do (I don't blame him - since the trucks are rare as soon as you mention Syclone people get lost. I will use the term "Sonoma" with any tech line from now on unless it's syty specific). I just went ahead and bought it on eBay after doing a little more reading. Hope it works. If anybody has a gm older selector shaft let me know I still may need it.

Got some brake line in to make up the rest of my system. Sportmachines kit is awesome, but I can only use about half of it since this truck is rather different from stock. Tom is a wealth of knowledge on this stuff and has been a great dude to bounce ideas off of as well as Renz.

After brakes and trans shift shaft deal I need to finish the intercooler water tank plumbing to the five gallon cell in the bed.

I found your post on yellow bullet after i noticed i have the same problem, is this the shaft you used and ended up working? Part No. 38511-03K

http://www.sonnax.com/parts/2142-manual-shift-shaft-kit

thanks

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.

I just installed 38511-01K. Note the 01K, not the 03K as above. It was the correct size for a conversion for our trucks.

skolman91

Straight from sonnaxs site fwiw
-01k says (Short Version, '91-1994 units without external NSS)

-03k says (Short Version, Retrofits ’95-later detent levers to early ’91-’94 cores)

they might be the same, im guessing if they are different might be for different detent plate holes..
I have a 95&newer case, ill ask my trans builder and let them figure it out.. Thanks

Quickstop [UK]

Combating adversyty.

Yeah, that all makes sense. It didn't quite fit my 95+ trans. I had to grind it a little to fit.

Update - power trax lock rite installed up front - it's like a whole new truck. Just from a few launches I am very happy! There is a lot of bad information on the lock rites from what I can tell - so far I'm pleased w mine.

Last edited:

No reason just I already had a lock right I had purchased on ebay.

It is a huge difference. Very happy.

skolman91

I bet, with that much power the tq steer was quite noticeable im sure. Any plans to get some 1/4 times anytime soon?