Northeast Caravan to Nats?

92 Ty 1173

Active member
Re: Northeast Caravan to Nats?

Me and the family are heading out wed morning, towing, and probably stopping @ the indiana/illinois line. Then heading the rest thursday morning. I will have a 3 and 1 year old so it will be an interesting trip. We are leaving out there sunday after the awards. If I was running alone I would go non-stop again. If I had room I would offer a ride but it will be full with 4 in a crew p/u truck.
 

MikeRenz

not stock
Re: Northeast Caravan to Nats?

I'm officially flying wed night. My house can still be used as a pitstop if need be.
 

Raist103

Engine Killer, iPhone Killer, Lawnmower Killer
Re: Northeast Caravan to Nats?

lol got it disregaude the pm, whatever you want i am cool with. does not matter if i go straight through or not i just got to follow some one.


92 Ty 1173 said:
Me and the family are heading out wed morning, towing, and probably stopping @ the indiana/illinois line. Then heading the rest thursday morning. I will have a 3 and 1 year old so it will be an interesting trip. We are leaving out there sunday after the awards. If I was running alone I would go non-stop again. If I had room I would offer a ride but it will be full with 4 in a crew p/u truck.
 

92 Ty 1173

Active member
Re: Northeast Caravan to Nats?

OK, wonderful developments in my nats plans. I took the truck to work yesterday and the knock light started blinking on the ultimate. Thought it was false knock. Then it got worse. I decided not the drive it home so I used a truck and trailer form work and trailered it home. It is making noise on the downside of a rev. As the engine decelerates it makes a groaning/grinding noise. Haven't done any diagnosis yet but I was think maybe the mains. Got pull the plug and check for metal. Hopefully I can fix it by nats. If not I am bailing on KC this year and using the money I saved to build an engine. We'll see what is wrong.
 

92 Ty 1173

Active member
Re: Northeast Caravan to Nats?

Well I haven't tore the engine down yet but an educated guess by a few people agree with me it's either a rod or main knock. Possibly a wrist pin but it doesn't matter my trip is cancelled. So everyone have fun. I'm using my nats $ to build a new engine.
 

adam92

Active member
Re: Northeast Caravan to Nats?

92 Ty 1173 said:
Well I haven't tore the engine down yet but an educated guess by a few people agree with me it's either a rod or main knock. Possibly a wrist pin but it doesn't matter my trip is cancelled. So everyone have fun. I'm using my nats $ to build a new engine.
Damn dude,when did this happen?
 

alwayswantedone

Donating Member
Re: Northeast Caravan to Nats?

92 Ty 1173 said:
Well I haven't tore the engine down yet but an educated guess by a few people agree with me it's either a rod or main knock. Possibly a wrist pin but it doesn't matter my trip is cancelled. So everyone have fun. I'm using my nats $ to build a new engine.


Damn Jason sorry to hear that.
 

92 Ty 1173

Active member
Re: Northeast Caravan to Nats?

adam92 said:
Damn dude,when did this happen?

On wednesday, I took it to work to clean the undercarriage with the pressure washer and my ultimate knock light was flashing alot. So I ended up towing it home with the work truck and between myself, my friend, and my father and brother-in-law we all agree it sounds like a rod or main knock. So now it's time to build.
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Northeast Caravan to Nats?

I am not second guess your diagnosis, but check to make sure its not your flywheel coming loose.
 

adam92

Active member
Re: Northeast Caravan to Nats?

dgoodhue said:
I am not second guess your diagnosis, but check to make sure its not your flywheel coming loose.
That's a good point.I had the converter bolts come loose on one of my old novas,and that made a hell of a sound.
 

92 Ty 1173

Active member
Re: Northeast Caravan to Nats?

I'll check it but it seems to be coming from the top of the engine. I already had the valve cover off and everhting is good there. I don't get it though, I still have good oil pressure. Besides this made for a good argument to the wife to build a new engine. I may miss nats but will have a good running truck next year.
 

Captain Morgan

Moderated User
Re: Northeast Caravan to Nats?

Just giving this a bump since its only a few days away.

My plans are as follows....
Probably leaving my g/f's house around 5:00 or 6:00pm on Wednesday. Im most likely going to take the AC Expressway straight up through Philly (I-676) and hop on I-76 from there. Ill be taking the Celica and I can go 400+ miles per tank.

I do NOT plan on stopping every 200 friggin miles like we did last year, when someone needs gas/fuel we stop, an occational early pee break is ok but last year was rediculous. If I do decided to stop and rest for a while, it will be at a rest area for a few hours.

Im not even sure who is or who isnt driving out at this point and/or where or when we wanna meet up, so lets figure this out and go from there.

On the return trip there is a possibility that I may split off around Columbus, OH and head towards Buffalo, NY where I need to pick up some parts, but that wont be known until Tuesday, but usually everyone is somewhat on their own on the way back anyway from past experiences.
 

Raist103

Engine Killer, iPhone Killer, Lawnmower Killer
Re: Northeast Caravan to Nats?

jeff, tara and i are heading out from here wed at some point depending on what is going on. still lots to do with the sy and the tahoe is getting some fixes as well. i will not know for sure untill wed am for sure. plus i will have to stop every 200-300 miles depending on how well i do with gas. i have gotten 300 miles in a tank before even 330 but i dont know how much with towing.
 

Captain Morgan

Moderated User
Re: Northeast Caravan to Nats?

Raist103 said:
jeff, tara and i are heading out from here wed at some point depending on what is going on. still lots to do with the sy and the tahoe is getting some fixes as well. i will not know for sure untill wed am for sure. plus i will have to stop every 200-300 miles depending on how well i do with gas. i have gotten 300 miles in a tank before even 330 but i dont know how much with towing.
like i said, stopping for gas is cool, just stopping to pee every 30 mins was getting old last time.
 

MikeRenz

not stock
Re: Northeast Caravan to Nats?

Captain Morgan said:
like i said, stopping for gas is cool, just stopping to pee every 30 mins was getting old last time.
that and everyone wouldn't top off their fuel - took us like 8 hours to get through OH it seemed.

Flying this year....man am i going to miss that old guy at Cracker Barrel. Tell him i said hi please :tup:
 

Captain Morgan

Moderated User
Re: Northeast Caravan to Nats?

MikeRenz said:
that and everyone wouldn't top off their fuel - took us like 8 hours to get through OH it seemed.

Flying this year....man am i going to miss that old guy at Cracker Barrel. Tell him i said hi please :tup:
**** that, no stopping for breakfast either, just drive drive drive.... :rant:
 

TrboSy2051

New member
Re: Northeast Caravan to Nats?

Leaving Wed's. evening.............. planning on I-64 most of the way (from VA beach). Driving the Sy. Should be a nice road trip...................My first NAT's after owning for 10 years..............

Buddy
 

Baythan

SY2TY2SY2TY
Re: Northeast Caravan to Nats?

Captain Morgan said:
**** that, no stopping for breakfast either, just drive drive drive.... :rant:


You'll be in a Celica or whatever. People can eat and eventually catch up to you at some point. :rotf:

You'd be pissed if I was going...I have the bladder of an 80-year old woman. :squint:
 

Raist103

Engine Killer, iPhone Killer, Lawnmower Killer
Re: Northeast Caravan to Nats?

well looks like jeff is lazy and dont want to finish his ty or drive out alone so he is most likely coming with me which works for me since i dont have to drive the entire way but he is like a little girl but worst when it comes to his small wee wee he has to stop ever 5min to pee. so when i drive i am good for not stopping except for gas but when he drives i dont know how often he is going to want to stop.
 

alwayswantedone

Donating Member
Re: Northeast Caravan to Nats?

Raist103 said:
well looks like jeff is lazy and dont want to finish his ty or drive out alone so he is most likely coming with me which works for me since i dont have to drive the entire way but he is like a little girl but worst when it comes to his small wee wee he has to stop ever 5min to pee. so when i drive i am good for not stopping except for gas but when he drives i dont know how often he is going to want to stop.


Asshole you know it is also due to parts for the ty not coming in as well. Oh and stop being a HOMO and thinking about my wee wee. I gotta pee when I gotta pee nothing I can do about it. I was also not thrilled about stopping every 200 miles last year but cannot guarantee that I wont have to go that often I hope not but can't guarantee it. Especially since I am on medicine now that makes me go more often that I wasn't on last year. Oh and stop thinking about my wee wee HOMO.
 
Top