Project Executioner

Syclone0565

CustomMulticades.com
Re: Project Executioner

Did you go with the Hydroboost setup due to the Whipple setup not creating enough vacuum?

No, I went with the hydroboost for more room in the engine compartment overall, better brakes, and when I install the Whipple 4.5 the throttle body comes out of the back drivers side and would interfere.

Syclone0565

CustomMulticades.com

Ordered new gauges. I went to the pull a part yard and picked up a 90's S10 gauge bezel that is open faced so I can use these gauges. I am going to have to make the cluster mount but after looking at it, it will be rather easy to do. I also picked up another headlight control panel so I can glass it in and smooth it out to use in place of the A/C control panel. Seeing I have the vintage air control panel I needed to clean up the space where the factory panel was. I will post after pics once its installed.

vhx-88C-PU-k-w-indicators_lg.jpg

vhx-88C-PU-k-w-night_lg.jpg

dakota-digital-vhx-cluster.jpg

20160518_150508 by Will Robbins, on Flickr

Last edited:

SEL777

One of 101

Pretty sweet dash set up with those gauges, and anxious to see what the heater controls will look like....even if I never get one of those HVAC units. Nice progress so far!!

Trizney

Donating Member

I'm interested in how you mount the gauges also. I had asked Dakota Digital about making a non-digital cluster for the S-10s, as I hate how their only choice for the S-10s is every gauge a digital readout.

This is horrible looking in my opinion:
prd_234.jpg

Jimmy

Banned

Unfortunately I do not know. I know it has a George Blake (Prime Gears) 4L80E in it. I am thinking I will take it up to RPM Transmissions while the motor is out and have them go through it real quick just to be safe. I had them go through my last GB trans before doing the first LS conversion back in 2006.

If not I will run it till it breaks and then upgrade. I am sure it will not be the only piece in the driveline that is going to have to be upgraded along the way.

Will, the word on the street is that Blake was charging for parts he didn't put in. I would have the trans went through,like you mentioned.

Syclone0565

CustomMulticades.com

Will, the word on the street is that Blake was charging for parts he didn't put in. I would have the trans went through,like you mentioned.

Thanks Jimmy, I was going to have it checked out by RPM Transmissions. I will post my findings if its all $%#& up :)

Syclone0565

CustomMulticades.com

New tank is going in tomorrow. Its going under the bed at the rear where the spare tire was located. Pics to come. No more 1/2 tank fuel issues on launch. Also have the whole side open for the headers and dual exhaust now.

Aeromotive Eliminator Stealth Fuel Cells 18662

51imn-yseYL._SL1000_.jpg

SEL777

One of 101

Very nice, now it's time to give your engine builder a little push so you can attend our show in July.

Next Phase

That looks to be one sweet build!

Interested in the updates...and the finished product!

Syclone0565

CustomMulticades.com

Just waiting on the engine. Still working on TIGging up the headers but thats not stopping progress.

Syclone0565

CustomMulticades.com

Full set of stainless headers are being made this Sunday. Still waiting on the motor to get here. Custom Precision convertor is being made and should be here next week. Fuel system is going in possibly this weekend. Its hot at the shop right now. Saturday is supposed to be 96 and Sunday 98 (Its the humidity here in Louisville thats the killer). I will probably start going in at 6am and working till it gets hot :)

Trizney

Donating Member

Our weather here is about the same, high 90's with 50-60% humidity. Makes you question working outside as soon as you walk out the door.

Syclone0565

CustomMulticades.com

Our weather here is about the same, high 90's with 50-60% humidity. Makes you question working outside as soon as you walk out the door.

Yeah, 93 and 103 heat index today. Feels like your walking into the bathroom when someone came out of the shower :) I plan on going in Saturday morning at the crack of dawn for a while.

S10 Guy

What an awesome build plan! would love to see it at Carlisle Truck Nationals ;) haha. Definitely an inspiration for me!

gringo76

Yeah, 93 and 103 heat index today. Feels like your walking into the bathroom when someone came out of the shower :) I plan on going in Saturday morning at the crack of dawn for a while.

ha little girls. ours starts out at 103 here in ga before the heat index and we got some humidity like no other!

Syclone0565

CustomMulticades.com

107* today with the heat index. Motor is finished up and should be here next week. Its about time!