ProtoTy Project

Chug

That Guy With the "Jimmy"
Re: ProtoTy Project

Glad to see another with a passion for SyTy's also shares that with Fiero's. I also have a Indy Pace Fiero and a '88 t-top GT. The GT has had a TPI V8, then a Northstar, and now it will get a 3000GT twin turbo motor & trans (when I have some time).
Greg

My first 87GT, had a 3800sc2 second 87GT was stock now the Indy

Chug

A small update but a huge mile stone

SHEETMETAL!!!! Finally a front clip!!
2013-01-19_16-27-19_973_zps75862dd7.jpg

2013-01-19_16-27-06_149_zpsa9aba3cc.jpg

2013-01-19_16-26-47_691_zpsd9e97e48.jpg

Be patient for the next update, Going to take a bit to recover from new taxes and wife getting settled in her new job

Chug

More parts, progress soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2013-03-05_19-14-24_589_zpsb92f4d78.jpg

Thanks to www.siliconeintakes.com for their SUPERFAST shipping and great looking parts, better looking then I thought (thanks Mel for the advice)

Last edited:

Drew-py

looks like you got all that you need to complete the turbo plumbing on both ends. next couple weeks is going to be fun for you

Chug

Special Thanks to "The Man" Mizzi for his immense efforts this weekend to provide to you this visual entertainment........Enjoy

Intercooler Piping, Don't judge this piping yet!!!
100_1367_zpsce5c2d4e.jpg

Through the core
100_1369_zps85dbcd0c.jpg

Engine side the core
100_1368_zps52742afd.jpg

To Engine
100_1376_zpsa84cc95c.jpg

Then All Covered Up!!!!
100_1375_zpsbdf39afa.jpg

Chug

Part 2

Mock Up
100_1363_zps65888809.jpg

100_1364_zps0ce78636.jpg

Welded up
100_1366_zpse3d9be79.jpg

DownPipe Part2
100_1371_zps9f0406bd.jpg

It only went as far as the cat
100_1373_zpsa1306e6d.jpg

Tucking in the 40mm Tial Wastegate
100_1378_zps5b1d096f.jpg

Still have to do the catback and the Wastegate out for it to be complete, but it is now done enough to run the engine.

Chug

well I'm starting to test wiring and already have a failure. Somewhere in the oil pressure to Fuel pump relay i screwed something up. That is why the ECM is still in a box!!! So we wait till the weekend for the repairs to the harness. I actually got all the interior to light back up and rolled down the windows and the power seat works!!! I'm getting pretty close to making it run. Finish harness testing and repairs and oil feed and drain for the turbo and fill it with fluids!!

Chug

Got a bit of an update, no pictures unless you want to see the meter I used. Wiring seems to be testing out, so far, for a test start. Unfortunately I have found that the fuel pump has sat too long and has decided that it no longer will run. I have received the fittings to plumb the oiling to the turbo and I have the piece to complete the oil cooler delete. Adding those items will close up the oiling systems. I need to make up some battery cables and locate the battery. Then all I need to get is oil, wires, cap and rotor then set timing and then, with any kind of luck, start her up!!!

I may be able to make my May 14th startup deadline. It sure hasn't been an easy journey so far, unfortunately it isn't over yet. Stay Tuned!!!

I do have a score for April!! I went to my Father-in-Law's shed to look for a gas can and what do I see there?!?!?!? A complete fan assembly for a 95 Intrepid!!! The fan assembly that I have been watching the junkyards for. It had a tag on it from a local yard that said " Both fans tested good". F-I-L no longer has an Intrepid so I borrowed them ;)

Horsehammerr

I may have just missed it but , what's the part #'s for your Bilsteins and how low did you go ? Also would like to know tire and wheel sizes.

Chug

I may have just missed it but , what's the part #'s for your Bilsteins and how low did you go ? Also would like to know tire and wheel sizes.

Unfortunately I didn't keep the part number for the shocks. They were a set for the Typhoon, but I think I'll have to change the rears because they are too long.

I think the total drop with suspension and wheel/tire was about 5 front and 6 rear. Suspension alone was a set of 3" drop keys and 3" drop leafs. But you have to remember I started with a 4x4 truck!!

Horsehammerr

Unfortunately I didn't keep the part number for the shocks. They were a set for the Typhoon, but I think I'll have to change the rears because they are too long.

I think the total drop with suspension and wheel/tire was about 5 front and 6 rear. Suspension alone was a set of 3" drop keys and 3" drop leafs. But you have to remember I started with a 4x4 truck!!

So you pretty much bottomed out your torsion bars. Meaning a lot shorter shocks. What did you do with your bumpstops? With lowering blocks on the rear, you don't need shorter shocks because you don't change the location of the shock mounts. Still like to know about your tires and wheels. I'm dropping a 4x4 Crewcab.

Chug

Don't have blocks in the rear, I have drop leafs. I changed the torsion bar keys with a 1"-3" drop key so I can retain some ride quality. I have to crank up the front a bit, I don't like the drastic angle on the Cv shafts. But my concern right now is to get it running and I'll deal with dialing in the ride height at a later date. As for the bumpstops I don't have any yet, they were rotted off and I haven't got any yet, waiting on finished ride height.

Tire is a 255-40/18

Chug

Well boys and girls it seems that I missed my mark of getting this thing started by 5/14. I had a plan when my wife got a better paying job. Turned out it was better $/hr but less hours and we lost our ass for 2 months trying to recover. Now she has a new job with way better $/hr and benefits. We are going on vacation next week then back to business!! Don't give up on me yet!!

Chug

Jimmy

Banned

Well boys and girls it seems that I missed my mark of getting this thing started by 5/14. I had a plan when my wife got a better paying job. Turned out it was better $/hr but less hours and we lost our ass for 2 months trying to recover. Now she has a new job with way better $/hr and benefits. We are going on vacation next week then back to business!! Don't give up on me yet!!

Chug

If you don't drive it to Nats I will be dissapoint.

Chug

I'll be lucky to have it street ready by nats. I'd sure love to go though!!

Chug

Well.......Finally hit a huge milestone!!!!!!!! Got the fuel pump in and plug wires made. With a little miswire on the Fireball then this happened!!

Disclamer....... I know that there is a cap on the turbo and that there is no belt on it. Intercooler piping doesn't have any couplings on it and i didn't have a belt, it's just a test start.

Big thanks to Brassmonkey (Mel) for his moral support and celebrating the win!!!