Why DIDN'T you come to NATS?

Why DIDN'T you come to NATS?

  • too far to drive, refuse to show w/o my truck

    Votes: 26 29.9%
  • couldn't afford it this year

    Votes: 19 21.8%
  • too hot, i only care about racing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KY, yuck

    Votes: 2 2.3%
  • the time of year made it tough for me

    Votes: 4 4.6%
  • I tried to make it, but my stupid truck broke/wasn't ready

    Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I couldn't take off from work

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • I had a prior commitment

    Votes: 8 9.2%
  • I've never gone before, why start now?

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a previous NATS experience detered me from coming

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NATS just didn't sound appealing to me this year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no good reason. I wish i would have gone!

    Votes: 3 3.4%

  • Total voters
    87

blk00z28

Forced to by choice
Re: Why DIDN'T you come to NATS?

1.) truck wasn't/still isn't done.

2.) work wouldn't let me take time off.

3.) didn't have the extra money to spend.

I don't think it was a question of the distance. I would have been more then happy to go if I could have.
 

JKsSyclone

Active member
Re: Why DIDN'T you come to NATS?

Three reasons:

1) too far to drive, refuse to show w/o my truck
2) KY, not really a fan.
3) I really have no good reason, wish I coulda gone. Sure seemed like a lot of fun!!

Youre right...you really have no good reason. It was a blast and you missed out.

Have you ever been to Bowling Green or even to Kentucky? It's a nice college town where they happen to build Vettes and have a drag strip. It isnt "backwoods" at all. No toothless rednecks to be seen. Well, maybe Jimmy Mann but he was with us.:lol:
 

turbodig

Active member
Re: Why DIDN'T you come to NATS?

Youre right...you really have no good reason. It was a blast and you missed out.

Have you ever been to Bowling Green or even to Kentucky? It's a nice college town where they happen to build Vettes and have a drag strip. It isnt "backwoods" at all. No toothless rednecks to be seen. Well, maybe Jimmy Mann but he was with us.:lol:

Ya know, I didn't delve into the depths of the backwoods, but the traditional Kentucky stereotypes seemed awfully baseless. What I saw, looked like people with a fair amount of cash. Same with TN. I've never seen a larger concentration of BMWs and Mercedes anywhere.

Also, most were better than average looking. Except for the Shoney's patrons.

Much cool stuff in the area. We will be back for non-syty reasons.

The temperature and humidity was bad... I remember equally bad temps at KC, though.
 

absintheisfun

1993 TY 0722
Re: Why DIDN'T you come to NATS?

How about the "many of the above" option?

Drive was a question..
KY, yuck
The time of year made it tough for me
Truck wasn't ready
I couldn't take off from work
I've never gone before...thought about it, but couldn't because of the above
I wish I would/could have gone!
Just got into the SyTy scene this year, and didn't really know about NATS until it was too late to plan for it.

I will be there next year for sure.
 

nello

Active member
Re: Why DIDN'T you come to NATS?

Youre right...you really have no good reason. It was a blast and you missed out.

Have you ever been to Bowling Green or even to Kentucky? It's a nice college town where they happen to build Vettes and have a drag strip. It isnt "backwoods" at all. No toothless rednecks to be seen. Well, maybe Jimmy Mann but he was with us.:lol:



Effin HOT n' sticky! At least that's what I remember while passing through KY about 8 years ago. Not the place for me during summer in a truck w/no AC. Now had I known about toothless, redneck college girls, I might have stayed longer.

I probably would've enjoyed the track and code59 sessions most...
 

graham1524

Well-known member
Re: Why DIDN'T you come to NATS?

Was going to go but I had to move into college so not much of a choice really
 

Ty0279

Historically Significant
Re: Why DIDN'T you come to NATS?

BECAUSE JIMMY RUINED NATS!!!!

Seriously .....couldn't get off from work.

Even if I would have been able to take off from work, it wouldn't have made sense financially since I don't get paid vacation time. :tdown:
 
Last edited:

gkrcr882

SyTyless......for now!
Re: Why DIDN'T you come to NATS?

Couldnt get off from work, and was kind of strapped financially. Not having the TCC locking makes me leery of long highway runs anyways.
 

SY2455

70's Veteran
Re: Why DIDN'T you come to NATS?

You didn't have my option listed. Whats NATS, Is it something you hit with the flyswatter ?
 

Daron

Active member
Re: Why DIDN'T you come to NATS?

One reason: Life

Its been a crazy last few years. I need to write a book.

I really wanted to go this year but there was just no way.
 

1madgumby

New member
Re: Why DIDN'T you come to NATS?

I see were I stand in Mikes eyes. thanks ! Home coming means nothing to me I guess.. lol..


yea i was expecting to see you there Ken. Wade was the only homecoming guy to make it :( Got your message, btw...we'll talk soon about it. :tup:
 

turboj91

New member
Re: Why DIDN'T you come to NATS?

Not going because it was in KY is no excuse if your reason is you don't like the state. It's not like we were out sight seeing. Gotta figure the NCM is a nice place in a decent area. The hotel is a national chain and they are all generally nice and clean. We owned the hotel and by the number of people that posted that they were attending (and the fact that it was posted that some people had to go next door) that should have been obvious. Can always find a decent place to eat in a large town such as BG. Guess I am saying that I would disagree that not going because you don't like KY is an excuse. You would have been in "SYTYville" for the weekend. Guess you can say that for just about any SYTY Nats gathering. With that many people attending, you could be so wrapped up in SYTY stuff that you won't care what state you are in.
 

sly dvl

Ya, it's got a Turbo
Re: Why DIDN'T you come to NATS?

Couldn't find a co-pilot. Pretty poor excuse I know...
Nothing personal though. Next year should be better for me.
 
Top