Western NATS 2011: location poll #2

Western NATS 2011: location poll #2


  • Total voters
    111
  • Poll closed .

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box
Re: Western NATS 2011: location poll #2

Has anyone checked with John to make sure that if this was in Reno we could see his collection?
 

JAY

Donating Member
Re: Western NATS 2011: location poll #2

I voted for Denver becuz it's close to me in WY.
 

MikeRenz

not stock
Re: Western NATS 2011: location poll #2

Has anyone checked with John to make sure that if this was in Reno we could see his collection?

i haven't spoken to him recently about it...but have in the past and he was up for it then. I didn't want to mention it just yet since i'm waiting for this poll to round itself out first. If you notice though, he did vote in the poll so he's aware of it...and he didn't complain to me yet about it. :lol:
 
Re: Western NATS 2011: location poll #2

Ill check with him Im going to check out his collection this weekend.
 

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box
Re: Western NATS 2011: location poll #2

i haven't spoken to him recently about it...but have in the past and he was up for it then. I didn't want to mention it just yet since i'm waiting for this poll to round itself out first. If you notice though, he did vote in the poll so he's aware of it...and he didn't complain to me yet about it. :lol:


Just another example of it's better to ask forgiveness than permission :lol:
 

MikeRenz

not stock
Re: Western NATS 2011: location poll #2

Ill check with him Im going to check out his collection this weekend.

That's fine, but it's not a definite GO so that's why i haven't given him a call yet. It will definitely be a hinging factor in the final decision...which is why i'll have to talk to him myself in representation of the planning committee.
 

jpalmer

New member
Re: Western NATS 2011: location poll #2

Well its been a little wile since i have seen this thread move.

I noticed a thread making Reno have a little less appeal. Does that mean Co is it? I need to start planning and hopefully get my pos running by then.
 

AUSyTyIN

Unbusted $#it box
Re: Western NATS 2011: location poll #2

I wouldn't start making plans yet. I'm sure Renz will let us know when he has any updates.
 
Re: Western NATS 2011: location poll #2

Denver cause my place is all of a 15-20 minute drive from Bandi and we could get smashed and crash the Pool/Clubhouse!!! :bigfinger::nopity: my neighbors!
 
Re: Western NATS 2011: location poll #2

Should Denver actually be named, I'm down with helping out any way I can in the planning etc... Just let me know...
 

qbnkiller

Conflaguration Specialist
Re: Western NATS 2011: location poll #2

I wonder how many people you would lose in total...if you lose 15 trucks from the east and gain 4 trucks from the west, is this really worth it?
 

MikeRenz

not stock
Re: Western NATS 2011: location poll #2

I wonder how many people you would lose in total...if you lose 15 trucks from the east and gain 4 trucks from the west, is this really worth it?

the point is that there are a lot of westerners who have never attended a NATS before due to location/distance. So having NATS in there back yard will once and for all show whether or not they'll show up given a shorter haul. So yes it's worth a shot. It gets boring being at the same place doing the same old things year after year anyway. KC got dried up for interest for this imo.
 

qbnkiller

Conflaguration Specialist
Re: Western NATS 2011: location poll #2

I liked the BG area. It was pretty central for lots of southern and SE people.
 

craig jones

Formerly Scary Phoon
Re: Western NATS 2011: location poll #2

the point is that there are a lot of westerners who have never attended a NATS before due to location/distance. So having NATS in there back yard will once and for all show whether or not they'll show up given a shorter haul. So yes it's worth a shot. It gets boring being at the same place doing the same old things year after year anyway. KC got dried up for interest for this imo.

I agree its nice to switch it up . I never understood why it was always in KC back in the day . KC was nice when I attended but any where gets old after seeing it before excluding Hawaii . I understand it would make planning alot easier . BTW I Vote Denver .
 
Top