Nationals 12. Denver, CO

SY-1193

Active member
Re: Nationals 12. Denver, CO

I am sure there will be record levels of racers in tow/rental!

What are you going to rent and can I borrow/RACE it?:lol:

You know I always pick the killer rental...LOL!
If you had about a 100lbs lighter car you would have won it all...the water in the spare tire well in the back was full from the styrofoam beer cooler leaking melted ice. I discovered it the next day and pulled a body plug to drain it all. I have a cordless impact now we can strip all the seats out and anything with a torx or nut or bolt off of it! TEAM RENTAL!

Just waiting for a date for Nationals...by the way that is step 1 in planning. Have a date. I have to turn in my vacation soon for next year.

Everyone needs to read the thread title. It is Denver, CO deal with it. Stop talking geography! It is Denver, CO. Drive, Trailer, Fly or rent. DO IT!
(I'll probably cry when I get my truck running and Nats it on the other side of the country:()
 
Last edited:

Ry368

one mile = 5280 feet
Re: Nationals 12. Denver, CO

Its been 11ish years since my last nats experience......I gotta make this one!!!;)
 

dgoodhue

BuSTeD 4.3
Re: Nationals 12. Denver, CO

Its 2400 round trip for me. 10mpg towing a gooseneck big enough for the sy and ty, so 240 gallons. At $3.30 ave fuel cost ill be paying about $800 in fuel just for the trip. I dont see that happening for me.

Yeah it's a long trip and can be expensive, many from the east coast have to drive that far and further to attend the Nationals, in when in KS, IL, & KY including myself. Long travel trips aren't for everyone. You can always split the gas bill with passenger and bring only one truck, drive one truck, makes it into a vacation and split up the trip, fly in, etc.

I am sure their will be more than 15 SyTy's that show up. Give it a chance and I bet its going to be a great meet. I know I am looking forward to it.
 

phoonTy

Truckless. For now.
Re: Nationals 12. Denver, CO

Yeah it's a long trip and can be expensive, many from the east coast have to drive that far and further to attend the Nationals, in when in KS, IL, & KY including myself. Long travel trips aren't for everyone. You can always split the gas bill with passenger and bring only one truck, drive one truck, makes it into a vacation and split up the trip, fly in, etc.

I am sure their will be more than 15 SyTy's that show up. Give it a chance and I bet its going to be a great meet. I know I am looking forward to it.

We've already got at least one special "racing" event in the planning stages. And it's one most everyone can compete in. :lol: :lol: :tup:
 

TYTILIDIE

METH HEAD
Re: Nationals 12. Denver, CO

Just drive your SY or TY. Make sure it is in good shape, jump in and go. See if your insurance will cover a tow. I am sure there are enough parts up here to get anyone situated if need be.
 

eviltwin

"junkyard syclone"
Re: Nationals 12. Denver, CO

Is there an official weekend for this yet. Looked around but couldn't find anything
 

phoonTy

Truckless. For now.
Re: Nationals 12. Denver, CO

Is there an official weekend for this yet. Looked around but couldn't find anything

Not yet. Trying to maximize the number of attendees. I will be getting a "when can you attend" poll up in the next day or two, to help narrow it down. :tup:
 

Ty#365

BOOST LAUNCH KING
Re: Nationals 12. Denver, CO

I'd say as long as there's room on the trailer I'd have no problem with that.

Even if I go with a single trailer, and mine doesn't break, I'd be willing to give up the trailer to someone who needs it (within reason) :tup:

That would be sweet... Its a HUGE concern of mine driving 12 hours from home.I dont doubt that my truck will make it there and back, it's while i'm there that im worried about.
 

turbodig

Active member
Re: Nationals 12. Denver, CO

Not yet. Trying to maximize the number of attendees. I will be getting a "when can you attend" poll up in the next day or two, to help narrow it down. :tup:

Don't get too bogged down in "design by committee". There are always lots that say they're good with a particular week, and aren't, and those that say that they aren't, and are.

Looking forward to the event, regardless of when it is.

Another idea for event stuff-to-do.... there's a kick-butt kart track near Erie someplace... and not the kiddie/mini-golf kind, either.
 

phoonTy

Truckless. For now.
Re: Nationals 12. Denver, CO

Don't get too bogged down in "design by committee". There are always lots that say they're good with a particular week, and aren't, and those that say that they aren't, and are.

Looking forward to the event, regardless of when it is.

Another idea for event stuff-to-do.... there's a kick-butt kart track near Erie someplace... and not the kiddie/mini-golf kind, either.

IMI Motorsports in Dacono. Wasn't sure if people would be willing to make that kind of drive from the hotel and pay the premium on top of registration fees.

Action Karting runs high speed Karts at Bandimere. So there's possibilities for all types of "racing" at Nats 12.

The racing I'm looking into can be done by anyone 7 years old and up. Family Event Racing :tup:
 

BULLY Syclone

Höhe Fragen!
Re: Nationals 12. Denver, CO

I think everyone will see that altitude really does make a huge differance...turbo or not.
I sure that it will be a good time and like I posted before I am willing to pay to get the first 10 trucks on my Buddies Dyno(AWD Dyno)

I hope that all the BS stops before then so everyone can have a good time!
 

phoonTy

Truckless. For now.
Re: Nationals 12. Denver, CO

I think everyone will see that altitude really does make a huge differance...turbo or not.
I sure that it will be a good time and like I posted before I am willing to pay to get the first 10 trucks on my Buddies Dyno(AWD Dyno)

I hope that all the BS stops before then so everyone can have a good time!

That is an awesome offer John. I will be calling you in the next few weeks about Denver Nats, Bandi track rental, dyno time, etc. And let me know what I owe you for the racing shirt :tup:
 

berzerker

wookie
Re: Nationals 12. Denver, CO

speaking of go cart tracks . a new indoor one just opened at 1-25 and boulder turnpike in the old toyota dealership . supposed to be owned by al unser jr. or somebody of indy car fame . cant wait for nats 12 !!!
 

eviltwin

"junkyard syclone"
Re: Nationals 12. Denver, CO

Not yet. Trying to maximize the number of attendees. I will be getting a "when can you attend" poll up in the next day or two, to help narrow it down. :tup:

incase I can afford to go, id like to request the time off of work. Not trying to be pushy but when is the poll going up? Im starting to get excited about this now :lol:
 

fauXGT

Brick Pilot
Re: Nationals 12. Denver, CO

incase I can afford to go, id like to request the time off of work. Not trying to be pushy but when is the poll going up? Im starting to get excited about this now :lol:

YES! I will have to fill out vacation for next year VERY SOON! (around the first week of December).
 

fauXGT

Brick Pilot
Re: Nationals 12. Denver, CO

Don't want to seem pushy, but I have to fill next years vacation 'NOW'.

I've got 48 hours to fill out & send it back. It all goes by seniority, so once the vacation is filled out, it usually is full for the entire summer. :(
Please, can we narrow it down a bit. I will probably have to fill out 2 weeks; the week before, & the week after for driving to and from.
 

d80229

New member
Re: Nationals 12. Denver, CO

when and where im new to the scene just got a 93 ty i live in denver that would be cool ....
 
Top